Why do I need a lawyer for my work injury?
After a work injury, it is important to contact an Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyer for help. Your employer may tell you that you don’t need an attorney or even that there is no need to make a workers’ comp claim since your health insurance will pay your bills. The reality is, workers’ compensation benefits provide broad protection in case you cannot work or if your earning potential is limited by your injury. To ensure you get the full benefits you deserve, you need a legal advocate on your side.
An Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyer at Parsons & Associates, P.C. can help you every step of the way in your work injury case. Call today to schedule a free consultation and to get answers to questions including:
- Why do I need a lawyer for my Atlanta work injury?
- How can an Atlanta work injury lawyer help me?
- Why should I trust Parsons & Associates, P.C. with my work injury claim in Atlanta?
It is important to have an Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyer representing you for many different reasons. Your lawyer can:
- Help you to provide written notification of your injury to your employer. This is required to protect your claim and it gets the process started so you can begin receiving benefits.
- Ensure your claim is processed in a timely manner. Employees are entitled to have a determination on their claim within 21 days. If you do not receive information on the acceptance or denial of your work injury claim during this time, your attorney can file a “Motion to Compel” the insurer to promptly act on your case.
- Assist in denied claims. You can appeal a denial and request a hearing before the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation. After a claim is filed, you may be ordered to attend mediation or your case may come before an administrative law judge.
- Ensure you receive appropriate medical treatment. If you do not feel you are getting the best medical care, your lawyer can help you to change doctors. In some cases, filing a motion with the State Board is necessary to resolve disputes on medical care.
The insurer and your employer are likely getting legal guidance. You deserve to have a professional legal advocate representing you.How can an Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help?
It is important to have a local attorney who understands the Georgia laws on workers’ compensation and who can take the necessary steps, including filing motions and representing you in a hearing, Your attorney will:
- Deal with the employer and insurer/ insurance adjuster on your behalf.
- Represent you throughout an investigation and help you to prove your injury occurred because of your job.
- File any necessary paperwork with the State Board.
- Represent you in mediation or hearings.
- Assist throughout the appeals process.
You need to focus on your health when you suffer a work injury. Put your trust in an Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyer at Parsons & Associates, P.C. to handle your legal needs.Why should I trust Parsons & Associates, P.C. With my Atlanta Work Injury Claim?
Parsons Law Group is devoted to representing injured workers. We have obtained significant victories in workers’ comp cases, recovering more than $5 million in compensation for people hurt on-the-job.
Parsons & Associates, P.C. represents clients in Atlanta, Savannah and surrounding areas throughout Georgia. Call today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.